10/24/2016 11:06 AM
Work @ Fornia BioSolutions
At Fornia BioSolutions (www.forniabiosolutions.com), we have a group of innovative, hardworking and collaborative people who work together to make sustainable products for agricultural and environmental markets. We offer employees a great compensation package. The package includes highly competitive salary and bonus program, comprehensive medical plans (health, vision, and dental insurance), life and AD&D insurance, and short and long term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and corporate holidays. Fornia BioSolutions also provides employee stock options plans.
We are looking for highly motivated people willing to work in in a fast-paced, highly rewarding, and scientifically stimulating environment. If you’re interested in a career with Fornia BioSolutions, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fungal protoplast preparation and transformation.
- Fungal mutagenesis and mutant characterization.
- Genetic manipulation of filamentous fungi including but not limited to knockout, targeted integration, random integration.
- Construction of various recombinant DNA for strain engineering.
- Contributing to various aspects of strain engineering.
- Supporting the fermentation platform.
- Trouble shooting scale up of yeast/ fungal isolates in 7-15L fermenters.
- Maintaining various types of microbial strains.
- Pure strain isolation and identification.
- Ph.D in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Genetics, or related field. 2-5 years of biotech industry experience is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of aseptic techniques.
- Knowledge of genetic manipulation of eukaryotic organisms and strain engineering.
- Knowledge of fungal protoplasting and transformation.
- Knowledge of yeast transformation and genetic manipulation.
- Knowledge of fungal mutagenesis and methods of classical fungal genetics.
- Thorough understanding of vector designing and assembly.
- Experienced in developing specialized media for screening of fungal isolates under various selective pressures.
- Knowledge of high throughput screening of filamentous fungi in 24/ 96 well format.
- Knowledge of pure stain isolation from mixed population by systemic approach.
- Knowledge of various types of microbiology techniques including but not limited to various types of staining, microbe cultivation, and adaptive evolution.
- Hands on experience working with 7-15L fermenters.
- Experience trouble shooting fungal and yeast isolate scale-up in 7-15L fermenters.
- Demonstrated ability to approach solutions by systematic trouble-shooting in forms of peer-reviewed papers or patents.
- Experience with technical and scientific writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary research team.
- Ability to think critically and creatively.
- Excellent collaboration, communication (oral and written) and multitasking skills.
- Goal-oriented, organized individual with a strong desire to a fast-paced dynamic research and development environment.