2020 Meeting Quick Links
Call for Proposals – MSA Symposia and Workshops for the 2020 Meeting
You may download a pdf of the Call for Proposals here.
The Mycological Society of America is now accepting proposals for symposia and workshops to be held at the annual meeting at the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL (July 19-22, 2020). We invite symposia in all areas of mycology, and especially encourage those addressing the meeting theme, “Mycology in the Swamp” and tropical themes.
Symposia and workshop proposals should include the following information:
- Names of the organizers of the symposium or leaders of the workshop
- Rationale for importance of the topic to fungal biology (< 200 words)
- Potential speakers (with employment position, institution), plan for 5-6 speakers (30 minutes/speaker). Indicate whether they have agreed to speak.
- Estimated budget and potential sources of funding that you have or are willing to pursue.
Workshop proposals should also include:
- Requested time slot (e.g., length of time needed and if the workshop will be held during, before or after the meeting)
- Estimate of cost, if any, and how this cost would be charged (e.g. a fee for attending?).
- Special accommodations and/or equipment needed (e.g. microscopes, computers)
Evaluation of symposia proposals will include the following criteria:
- The proposal presents cutting-edge topics, approaches, or broadly synthetic ideas that highlight the study of Fungi.
- The invited speakers represent top-notch investigators in the symposium topic area.
- Speaker lists will reflect gender balance, diverse backgrounds, and varied career stages. Priority will be given to speakers who have not had an opportunity to present at MSA symposia in the last two years and one slot will be reserved for a speaker selected through abstract submission.
- Estimated Budget – MSA is able to provide up to $5000 per symposium (up to three symposia), but symposia organizers should plan to pursue additional sources of funding as an offset.
Please provide proposals to the Program Chair, Lisa Grubisha (email@example.com), by October 15, 2019.
Mycological Society of America
2424 American Ln., Madison, WI, 53704 USA
Phone (608) 441-1060 Fax (608) 443-2474 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MSA Website: www.msafungi.org