Call for Proposals – MSA Symposia and Workshops for the 2023 Meeting
The call for proposals for Symposia and Workshops for the 2023 Annual Meeting is now open!
We are accepting proposals for symposia in all areas of mycology, and are especially excited to receive those addressing the meeting theme “Elevating Mycology”.
The 2023 MSA meeting will be held at the University of Arizona in Flagstaff, Arizona, July 30 – August 3, 2023.
Proposals are due Saturday, October 15, 2022.
Symposia and workshop proposals should include the following information:
- Names of the organizers of the symposium or leaders of the workshop
- Rationale for importance of the topic to fungal biology (< 200 words)
- Potential speakers (with employment position, institution), plan for 5-6 speakers (30 minutes/speaker). Indicate whether they have agreed to speak.
- Estimated budget and potential sources of funding that you have or are willing to pursue.
Workshop proposals should also include:
- Requested time slot (e.g., length of time needed and if the workshop will be held during, before, or after the meeting)
- Estimate of cost, if any, and how this cost would be charged (e.g., a fee for attending).
- Special accommodations and/or equipment needed (e.g., microscopes, computers)
Evaluation of symposia proposals will include the following criteria:
- The proposal presents cutting-edge topics, approaches, or broadly synthetic ideas that highlight the study of fungi.
- The invited speakers represent top-notch investigators in the symposium topic area.
- Speaker lists will reflect gender balance, diverse backgrounds, and varied career stages. Priority will be given to speakers who have not had an opportunity to present at MSA symposia in the last two years and one slot will be reserved for a speaker selected through abstract submission.
- Estimated Budget – MSA is able to provide up to $5000 per symposium (up to three symposia), but symposia organizers should plan to pursue additional sources of funding as an offset.
Please provide proposals to the Program Chair, Jason Slot, (firstname.lastname@example.org), by October 15, 2022.