Membership in the MSA provides an opportunity to stay current with new research on fungi via the Society’s journal, Mycologia, a leader in the field, and also to learn about meetings, publications, regulatory developments, controversies, and other current activities in mycology around the world via the MSA’s newsletter Inoculum. Both publications are available to members online and as hard-copies. The MSA sponsors many other activities and programs, including our annual meeting, where researchers gather to exchange the latest information on all aspects of the fungi.
Click on the appropriate link below to view the corresponding publication page.
Society Membership Options and Corresponding Publication Access
*All memberships include access to Inoculum, which will be sent out via email three times annually.
- Regular Individual Member-Online Mycologia and access included
- Postdoctoral Member – Online Mycologia access included
- Student Member – Online Mycologia access included
- Associate Member – no online access to Mycologia
- Emeritus Member – Online Mycologia access included
No annual charge, must be approved by council.
- Sustaining Member – Online Mycologia access included
$278 and up, annually
- Lifetime Member – Online Mycologia access included
$2500, one time payment
- Affiliated Society – Online Mycologia access included
- Honorary Members – Online Mycologia access included
Discounted Memberships: Members from developing countries, as defined by The World Bank may request a 50% reduction in membership dues that include online only journal access. This option is subject to approval by MSA Council.
Optional Additional Purchase of Print Subscription to “Mycologia”
- Shipped to a Domestic (USA) destination: $60 annually
- Shipped to a Non-USA destination: $85 annually