Dear MSA Membership
Dear MSA Membership,
We write with exciting news. As many of you have experienced, our Society is struggling to manage our growing pains. After much thought and after an extensive search, we have decided to transition management of our Society away from Allen Press and to The Rees Group.
The Rees Group (TRG) is a management company with specific expertise managing nonprofit societies, including groups of academics. Based in Madison, Wisconsin, TRG is led by Susan Rees. In our conversations with Susan and her team, we were particularly impressed by TRG’s vision for just about everything that’s been slow for us in recent years. With TRG, we are anticipating:
- new protocols for membership, including the ability to join for multiple years or automatically renew membership, and the ability to give gift memberships to students!
- an Inoculum that arrives on time and is published three times a year
- help with organizing our annual meetings, including inspections of contracts, streamlined abstract submission, professionally-published program book, meeting app, etc.
- an up-to-date website that works as well on your phone as it does on your computer
- streamlined application workflows for all of our awards…
If you serve MSA in some capacity, TRG may be reaching out to you as we transition. Please let us know if you have questions, and ENJOY!
Your Executive Council:
Sharon Cantrell (President)
Marin Talbot Brewer (Executive Vice President)
Anne Pringle (President Elect)
Marc Cubeta (Vice President)
Tom Volk (Past President)