Postdoctoral Opportunity: Anny Chung Lab, University of Georgia￼
Postdoctoral Opportunity: Anny Chung Lab, University of Georgia
I am looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join our group in investigating the temporal dynamics of belowground microbiome assembly in various biofuel agroecosystems, to start July 2022 (www.research.franklin.uga.edu/chung).
The successful applicant will work within a large collaborative research team of faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and students with expertise in using mathematical, statistical, and empirical approaches in plant and microbial population and community ecology. The candidate will lead benchwork and bioinformatics analyses to uncover the mechanisms of community assembly in root and soil microbiomes of loblolly, tulip poplar, and sorghum. There is also potential for pursuing more independent projects under the general umbrella of: the ecology of plant-soil feedbacks and plant-microbe interactions, competition and coexistence, and effects of climate variability and elevated CO2 on plants and microbes.
Required qualifications include:
- Have or be close to receiving a PhD in a related field (e.g. microbial ecology, mycology, molecular ecology)
- Experience with bench and bioinformatics skills necessary for microbiome characterization and analysis
- Effective written and oral communication skills, peer-reviewed publication experience, and strong statistical skills
- Ability and willingness to contribute to field work in Georgia
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with or desire to learn network analysis, metagenomics, genomics, or transcriptomics
- Experience with culturing and greenhouse experiments
- Peer-reviewed first-author publications in a related field
- Experience with or desire to participate in student mentoring
- Excellent project management skills
This appointment is initially for one year, but may be renewed for up to two additional years. If you have questions about this position and whether it would be the right fit for you, please contact Dr. Anny Chung.
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing how your strengths and interests fit the qualifications for this position, CV, and contact information for three references to Dr. Anny Chung (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 20 April 2022 for full consideration.