Scientific Assistant – Washington State University
Scientific Assistant - Washington State University
Washington State University seeks to hire a Scientific Assistant to support the tree fruit pathology program at the Tree Fruit Research and Extension Center (TFREC), Wenatchee, Washington.
The successful candidate will manage lab and orchard research programs aimed to investigate major pre- and postharvest diseases of tree fruit in the Pacific Northwest. The individual is expected to be actively involved in several aspects including but not limited to orchard fungicide sprays, pre- and postharvest trials, management and maintenance of pathogen culture collections, phenotypic and molecular characterization of fungal pathogens, and in vitro and in vivo screenings of fungicides.
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Preparation of research results for presentations and publication in peer reviewed journals.
The individual must be self-motivated, able to work with minimum supervision, have the ability to work and supervise workers with a wide range of backgrounds.
- B.S. in Biology, Agronomy, or closely related discipline
- 3 years of related experience in lab and field research, including experimental design and statistical data analysis, and supervisory experience.
- Some in-state and regional travel will be expected.
- Incumbent must have or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license at the time of hire.
- M.S. in Plant Pathology, Mycology, Biology or closely related disciplines
- Experience with fungi and fungicides
- Experience conducting basic or advanced molecular work
- Have or be able to obtain a pesticide applicators license at the time of hire.
For any questions regarding the position (do not send application materials), you can contact Dr. Achour Amiri at email@example.com. Screening date: August 10, 2020. Applications received by August 10, 2020, will be considered first. For complete job description and instructions on how to apply, go to http://wsujobs.com/hr/postings/52693.
WSU is an EEO/AA/ADA employer.